Award Information Translations
What You Need to Know
20 January 2023
- Recognize the best library marketing projects from 2022
- Encourage marketing in libraries
- Provide an opportunity for libraries to share marketing experience and expertise globally
- Any library that markets library products or services is eligible to apply for the award
- Applications must be written in one of seven IFLA languages
- Applicants may also submit an English translation if they prefer
- Applications must be submitted with supporting materials by 20 January 2023
- Present an original marketing strategy
- Answer each question on the application
- Explain the benefits of the strategy
- Provide a full description of the marketing strategy
- Utilize Marketing Glossary definitions (https://www.ifla.org/node/8227)
- Summarize the strategy and its results.
Libraries and institutions are encouraged to describe the imaginative and inventive aspects of the projects.
Applications will be judged on:
- Strategic approach to marketing, indicated in the research and planning stages of a submitted project
- Creativity and innovation as demonstrated by the originality of solutions to the marketing challenges
- Potential for generating widespread public visibility and support for libraries irrespective of the kind or amount of resources employed
- Effectiveness illustrated by measurable objectives and subsequent evaluation methods
Applicants are encouraged to include marketing using digital resources:
- Electronic journals, publisher databases, institutional repositories
- Web and digital libraries
- Information literacy
- New products and new services
Proposals are reviewed on the basis of how well they meet the above criteria.
Other factors are:
- Clarity of planning and partnerships with external organizations
- Efficient allocation of resources (staff, materials, time)
Members of the Award Jury are drawn from the membership of the IFLA Standing Committee on Management & Marketing.
You can contact Elena Stöhr, Chair of the Award Jury Working Group (IFLA Management and Marketing) at email@example.com.